Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Family Room Fun

The way my home is set up we have a “formal living room”/piano room/entryway that leads right into my kitchen/family room. I love it! I can cook and hang out with the family. It doesn’t even bug me when Bill is hanging out on the couch with the kids and I am working in the kitchen. We are working as we speak on a “major” home renovation in my kitchen. Let’s just say we ordered 2 twelve foot lengths of butcher block counter top. J Before and after pictures are in the works.

~Here is what my family room looks like: BIG sectional couch and a TV Cabinet. In the TV cabinet we have VHS tapes in VHS tape boxes. Those definitely need purging but I refuse to purge my Man From Snowy River, The Cutting Edge, and Jazzercise tapes. Well maybe the jazzercise but most certainly not Billy Blanks Tae-boe. That guy got me through 3 pregnancies. Ahem. Yes I still have “baby” weight. Just say fluffy three times fast! And I won’t hold it against you.

~First thing when I get home tonight I am going to dust my pictures and my lamp bases. Then I will hand one of my slaves, err kids a clean paint brush to “dust” off the lamp shade. “Softly child, brush softly”, I will say over and over again because I picked the deaf child to work. (Disclaimer: none of my children are really deaf, UNLESS I am speaking to them. Then they can’t hear me! Go figure.)

~Then I will vacuum off my couch. Vacuum the back of it, down the cracks, under the cushions. Your couch will love you forever! And so will your children when they realize that they are missing that teeny tiny Lego piece and have to stick their sticky hands down there. I used to have a one piece slip cover and that thing was great. You could take that whole sucker off and shake it out and then just vacuum the floor. I think I sold it on EBay. Oh EBay! I love you.

~Dust of the TV. Don’t forget the back. I try to vacuum off the back of the TV at least twice a year. More when I didn’t have a job. Don’t even get me started on TV’s and house fires. Just trust me and dust it.

~Now vacuum your floor. That’s it. Clean and Tidy.

Any questions? Great! Next we move on to the laundry room. My room is small. A washer and a dryer that’s it. I have some cupboards (can someone PLEASE tell me the difference between and cupboard and a cabinet?) above them and a shelf. I have had some decorating/organizing thoughts about my laundry room. Maybe I will actually tackle them this week. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Tell your slaves I say hi!
I can't believe you sold that slipcover!!!! You worked your a-- off for that thing. It was so stinking cute too. Anyway, Funny that you tackled family room today because I did the same thing b4 your post. I put all our DVD's in a CD binder instead of the crappy boxes that my kids throw all over the house and never return the DVD to.

Lexi said...

Great minds think alike! I didn't sell the denim slip cover that I made, I had this other flowery one that was on it forever...through Texas and Wyoming and part of our time here in AZ! :-)