Friday, October 10, 2008

Equation for fun!

~6 1/2 hours in one ER
~Blood draw
~Pee Test
~CT Scan
~82 trips to the bathroon
~30 minute ride in Ambulance to other ER
~More IV
~more stomach poking
~82 more trips to the bathroom
~6 more hours in children's ER
~1 not short enough flight home from Denver
~2 kids graciously cared for and shuttled to school by the neighbor
~one trip through lots of doors and hall ways
~4 consultations with 2 surgeons
~18 nurses
~5842 beeping noises
~45 minutes in OR
~1 happier kid WITHOUT an Appendix

Oh and who knew that there are more case of Appendicitis during the months of October - March? Pictures to follow. The camera is still at Phoenix Children's with dad.

5 comments:

Felicia said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Which child is now "appendixless"? I hope the recovery is quick.

Actually, I had MY appendix out in October also...the 12th to be exact...on Brayden's 4th birthday when I was 20 weeks pregnant. I drove MYSELF to the hospital, 'cause Todd thought I had gas...it's a great story that I'll never let him live down :o)

Rochelle said...

OH! That sucks!!!! Which kid? I think little James would be the hardest for you. My sister's appendictis was in March (what's with the months?)

Stephanie said...

So sorry to hear that! If there's anything I can do for you, please call me.

Anonymous said...

Lexi,
Man, that was rough! Wish I was closer! I would be there in a heartbeat. Prayers for you and your family. What were you doing in Denver? Did I miss that? And also I wrote you a novel email. Hope you don't fall asleep while reading. Hee hee.
praying for you, Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow, I read the WHOLE thing and had tears in my eyes toward the end, just thinking of how scared I would be dealing with all that with one of my children without my husband closeby. I'm not sure I would have kept it together that long. You are a strong and amazing woman Lexi!! Hope Grant is feeling better already!!

I had a scary time with Kathryn when we first moved up here to Chicagoland 7 yrs ago. She ended up with Rotovirus and had to be admitted to the hospital for IVs and overnight observation at just 3 yrs old. Unfortunately Johnathan wasn't able to get time off of work. Luckily the hospital was right across from his unit (Army) so he was able to come over when he had free time. Luckily our ward was WONDERFUL and we left with boys with the (then) R.S. President and her family. The hospital didn't have any diapers big enough for Kathryn, so I had to call one of our friends from the ward who was also military. She ran to the store to get the biggest size LUVS diapers and brought them to me for Kathryn!! :)