Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 7...Almost a whole week!

Good Morning, after we finish today it will have been a whole week. Yippee! Slowly cleaning and organizing makes my home happy.
It makes it feel like if I care and it will do well caring for me back.
Keeping my family warm (or cool) and safe.
~Today we are going to conquer the rest of our upper cabinets.
~Stack everything onto your sorting area.
~Clean all four sides of your shelf. Surface, sides, and top.
~Decluttering questions: Have you used this in a while? Is is broken or cracked. What was the expiration date?
~Not so hard right? :-)
~If all you have is dishes or pots and pans then you should be done.
Off On a tangent now:
My MIL had what I call a moderate kitchen when I first met her son. She had a very good organizational stragegy for her upper cabinets. (I will try to describe it to you, but I have a bad memory and I might miss some things.) Her upper cabinets that were to the left of the sink housed her cups, glasses and mugs. (I can't remember what was in the one to the right of the sink right now. See bad memory) But as you faced her stove in the cabinets to the left she housed her baking center. It contained all the things that she needed to bake:flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips, coconut, etc. So when she was baking everything was right in that spot. To the right of the stove was her cooking center. These cabinets housed everything she needed to cook. Spices, oil, cooking spray, vinegar, etc. So when she went to cook a meal it was all right there. I always thought that was a great way to organize and I have adapted it to fit my needs. I hope she doesn't mind my sharing her ways. I hope it can be helpful to you as well.

No comments: