Friday, March 16, 2007

Go figure

My kids are on spring break this week and next. Since the temperature here is in the mid 90's I let my kids go swimming on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday I totally forgot to put sunscreen on them. Wednesday I was on top of things and applied spf 50. You would think that would have protected them. Not a sign of sunburn on Tuesday, but Wednesday night we were applying aftersun cream and going to bed shirtless. They spent the same amount of time out in the sun each day. Go Figure. The water was only 72-74 degrees, so I happily read my library books by the pool as they splashed around. Needless to say we went shopping yesterday afternoon to avoid the sun and they will probably spend the afternoon inside avoiding the sun. (I did let them go outside this morning while it was cool out.)

No comments: