Saturday, March 17, 2007

Finally It's a girl!


On Thursday we woke up and as the kids were getting dressed, I was going over the days agenda. Shopping was on the plan since we were avoiding the sun. Billie put on a pair of her favorite blue jeans, a long sleeve white t-shirt and a DiviineModestee pink cami over top. She came out of her room and as she cocked her hip to one side asked me if she looked like a little mommy. YIKES. Yes Billie you do. Then she asked if she could bring her flip flop purse. (Mind you she has had purses for at least 5 years never once was really interested in them.) Sure, you can bring a purse. We get in the van and start driving to run errands and meet dad for lunch. At each errand she asked if she could bring her purse in and of course I said yes. We met dad at a yummy mexican resturant in Phoenix. As she finished her meal, she propped up her mirror compact on the salsa dish and proceeded to reapply her lipgloss. She then asked the boys if they needed some chapstick. (She packed prepared for every lip emergency) We all were just smiling amazed at her "girly" ways. We then went to the mall to check out Children's place for Easter atire for the boys. While the boys and I are on one side she is one the other side of the store with her purse tucked up tight on her shoulder, paging through the clothes, grabbing hangers and matching bottoms to tops. I wander over to see what she is doing and she is gushing about "Oh mom, look how cute this goes with that." "Can I have this pair of gauchos?" "These would go so well with my white kitty t-shirt and my black sparkley shirt."(Okay mom, I was sucked in by the wardrobe possibilities. I guess I taught her well.) I have to admit. It was so fun to have a little girl for a day that I caved and bought her the outfit. Mind you that this is the same little girl that plowed over another little girl in ballet class when she was three and ended up coming home with a bloody nose. Watch out Bill. It's a girl!

No comments: