Sunday, April 1, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

We have had such a laid back weekend. We got our taxes back and don't owe anything this year. YEAH! (Not that we have had to pay for about 3 years though.) Bill has been working on the shed plans for the back yard, so hopefully we can get going with that before the heat gets to bad. Our grass is filling in and the trees seam to be taking this time. (We had to have the landscaper replace 3 of them.) The afternoons/evenings have been so nice, I am loving going outside afterschool watching the kids play reading and enjoying our yard. I can't wait to add some flowers or something that I can't kill to add some more green to the cynderblock fence. I did not inherit the gardening bug. I don't do well and seem to kill everything that I plant. Anyway, our Church's conference was on this weekend so we were able to hang out in comfy clothes, watch it on TV and be together as a family. I was grateful for the messages of the simplicity of the gospel priniciples. Especially in the Saturday morning session. Prayer, forgivemess, family home evening. I was talking to my friend this morning and we were talking about how overwhelming it can be to think of all the things that Heavenly Father askes of us. I told her that I am going to really strive to get back to the basics. Another great thing I love about watching conference is the projects that I can work on. I finished 2 projects that have been piling up in my "craft bins" for a long time. I am trying to tie up all the loose ends of unfinished projects before I start school this summer. The online classes that I want to take start on May 14th. That gives me a little more than a month to get them wrapped up.

1 comment:

Julie said...

The Saturday morning session is usually always my favorite too.