Saturday, April 28, 2007

Brrr...it's hot outside

Today I jumped into the pool for the first time this year. The kids have tougher skin and have been in it several times already. The thermometer read 80 degrees. I am sure that the lake water in Wyoming and North Dakota probably wasn't 80 degrees when we would swim growing up, but it sure felt cold today. I jumped in, waited a few minutes, got back out, waited a few minutes and then jumped back in again. It was officially too cold for me. The outside air temp was right around 100 today, but the water was too Cold! :-)
We have officially been upgraded living in Buckeye. The local Lowe's opened it's doors this week. We went this afternoon and spent 3 hours looking around. We came home with a plethora of lovely things to add to our home. House plant, outside hanging planters, a nice big outdoor umbrella, nobs for the cabinet doors in the kitchen and some other odds and ends that we needed. I really suck at gardening and could use all the help I can get, but I will try with these couple of plants before I dive in head first. The kids did great thanks to the Frogger game I downloaded onto my cell phone. They took turns playing sitting in the carts. It was a fun family day. The next two weekends Bill is camping with the boys for father-son and then the scouts, so I am going to work on finishing up some painting projects and organizing things that I have been working on. I found some really good info on turning my wooden stamps into acrylic mount, so I am going to work on that in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: