Monday, April 23, 2007

Running into 30


Well, I hit my 30th year running on Thursday. On Wednesday (on the way home from taking the kids to school) I got a flat tire. Thanks to a friend's husband who happened to be home, I got the tire changed out. So Thursday morning, I took James to pre-school, went to breakfast with a friend and then as soon as he was done we zoomed into town to Costco to get new front tires. Costco rocks and it only took an hour to get 2 new tires, plus I got some essentials while I was there (scrapbook paper and new pillows for the couch in the loft). We zoomed back home in enough time for me to get a quick 15 minute cat nap before we left go get the kids from school. Just as we were leaving the doorbell rang and it was a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Bill's mom and dad. (Yellow and white daisy's in a dark blue vase...perfect to sit on the kitchen table!) I picked the kids up from school and we raced up to Peoria to have our follow up appointement with Grant's ENT doc. Everything is fine, he is sleeping well, and there are no problems. In fact he gets more Stage 4 sleep than average. Dr. Bridges decided that is not worth taking out his adnoids at this point. He thinks the bigger he gets the small they will get. He also thinks he will out grow all of his other night time issues. I don't want to put Grant through any procedures just because, so for now we will just continue with the path we are on. After the doctor appointement we raced back into Avondale and met Bill at Claimjumper for dinner. It was really good and I meant to take my camera to have a photo of the occasion, but once again I forgot. :-) We then raced home to put the kids into bed. Then on Friday morning, I got up and took the kids to school and then took James over to Amber's house. She had gotten a babysitter for her 3 and James and the two of us headed over to Mesa to the Temple. We did a session and then went to the best scrapbook store ever (where I ONLY spent $26.) and met Bill for lunch at a nice mexican resturant. After that we went home and I tidied up the house, picked up the kids from school and I got ready for my friends to come over to scrapbook. (Or as James so elequently put it: "Is your scrapbook team coming over tonight mom?) Apperently I am on a team. Billie then wanted to know were the coach and the judges were. :-) On Saturday, we cleaned out the garage and put all the little piles of things away. Sunday, we took the kids on a nice little bike ride and then went to church. It was such a great birthday weekend. I love all my friends and family who took the time to call and wish me a happy birthday. I guess turning 30 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Plus I have 10 years to be 29 again! :-)