Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day 2007= My Baby is 9

Grant at school with his teacher Mr. Taylor!
Grant eating a stuffed hamburger!


I can hardly believe it, but my baby is 9. He is no longer a baby, no longer a little boy, not really even a little kid. He is just a kid. Yesterday on his birthday he was caught throwing balled up wet paper towels at the walls and ceiling. He is denying any involvement other than that he hates the way the bathroom soap smells, so he dropped the soap into the middle of the paper towel and balled it up and got it wet and was washing his hands like that. Hmmm...I am not sure what to believe, but since it is his birthday I guess we are giving him the benefit of the doubt.
I was a "slacker" this year and Grant got a store bought cake with a little homemade flair. I stuck the Pokemon pack on top of it and wrote his name and such. :-) I just didn't have the energy this year and I didn't start looking for a Pokemon cake pan soon enough. So store bought it is and he will probably not even remember. :-) He requested stuffed hamburgers for dinner so we had that accompanied by curly fries and a nice green salad (that actually no one ate b/c the burgers were so big). He got lots of neat presents from family. He will be set with swimming, Pokemon, paper airplane making and outdoor sporting events. I also instituted a new rule in our home: If you buy it YOU wrap it. Bill did the shopping this year and the only thing that was square was the box that the sling shot was in. :-) Have you ever wrapped a bat? And the fishing pole did not get wrapped. :-)

1 comment:

smdc said...

Somehow, I missed this post until today! Don't know how I did that...

Hope Grant's Birthday was a good one!