Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I broke up with Book Face

I love LOVE reconnect with people.
I am my father's daughter, and i love LOVE visiting with people.
I love LOVE sharing ideas, my day, my "brilliant" spurts of information.
I love LOVE bragging that I made a homemade veggie lasagna from scratch. TODAY.
but I also love LOVE:

Playing the piano
updating my Project Life
updating my Blog
baking Mocha Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies with my kids in the kitchen,
working on a little sewing project i want to finish this century
playing my bassoon for the first time in 10 years (yes I have 3 working reeds and not terribly squawky either)
hanging outside with my kids and my neighbors
grocery shopping with coupons
reading a fun summer novel
keeping up with the laundry for a family of 5

So something had to give for a while.
I did it cold turkey, no grace period.
Maybe someday we can be friends again.
(on Book Face that is)
And really I have been cheating on bookface with pinterest for months.

Like i told Bill:
my mom knows where I live
my true best friends text me
my friends email me
and everyone else who might care, find me here.

For 3 days, it has been VERY liberating

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking alot about you lately. Wondering what your new address is. Wondering where the email or letter is with your cell phone number....I miss you and would love to reconnect with you!!

I also have been thinking about breaking up with Facebook, just concentrating on my family and my life.

PLEASE email me your new address and cell phone number! abercw@hotmail.com

Love ya! Connie

Julie said...

I love you and I love that you broke up with book face!

Rochelle said...

Good riddance! I still use the FB but not half as much as I used to. Its a time waster, nothing more. Blogging is sooo much more interesting! :)

Victoria ObSEUSSed said...

Way to go! There is so much more to do IRL. And, I'm loving Pinterest too, it has inspired me to do so many projects. I just finished a few more this weekend and will be posting them on my blog. But these take up time too. I try to stay unplugged on the weekends for a break. Other than now, I am processing eviction papers and had to look up some addresses and saw your blog newsfeed and had to read. Glad I can still find you here. Do you have a new email since you moved to CO?

Naomi said...

I sure am glad you went back for a little bit to post the link to your blog! I love it and all the cute decorations you have and the fun things you do! I love Colorado and I'm so jealous you get to live there! -Naomi