Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Aspen in the summer.

We took an early anniversary trip and drove up to beautiful Aspen.
I mean, what says I love you for 16 years more than a trip with your children. ;)

We picked Bill up from work in Downtown,
armed with an iced venti white chocolate mocha
I took on the mountain with my little nissan

It was a "fun" little drive up to Independence Pass.
The Colorado Department of Transportation
must have decided it was easier to leave the guard rails off
the twisty, turny, windy road
than to have to replace them.

It was a beautiful afternoon at 12,095 feet.
The kids (and I) thought it was so cool
that there was still snow on the ground
at the end of July.
Aspen is an amazingly gorgeous mountain town.
The kiddos got a kick out of the winding stream through the middle of downtown.
The dogs kepts jumping all the way in to cool off.
We road the gondola up to Apen Mountain.
F-A-N-T-A-S-T-C
Nothing says summer vacation
like an ice cream bar on the top of a mountain.
Bungee Jumping for the kids.
James flipping out. :-)
Chair lifts in the summer.

Bill drove down the mountain, and thank goodness he did.
We were stuck in traffic for an hour and a half.
And if you are going to be "stuck" you might as well be coming down the mountain.

*Grant was with G&G Daniel this weekend
so we can't wait to be able to take him back to Aspen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Beautiful pictures! =D The mountain scenery and summer gondola reminds me of my hometown ski mountain, Schweitzer!! But, my huge fear of heights made it pretty scary to drive up and enjoy the ride, although I did it. =D