Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Middle School

Today was the first day of middle school.
I don't know if I was more excited or Grant. ;-)
Billie has a great fashion sense.
She has picked out some really cute clothes for this school year.
We are still wearing some pants and shorts from last year.
I told her we need to save the rest of her school clothes budget for her next growth spurt.
(We did the "no heat headband curls" and I love the way it turned out.
I embedded the link below for the tutorial.
She showered yesterday morning and
then sported a "70's roller blade babe" all day
and slept in it last night.
Her hair was still curly when she got home from school.)
Grant has the fashion sense of a 7th grade boy.
Pick it up off the floor and smell it to see how smelly it is.
Camo pants are a staple in his closet.
It matches everything. :-)

******
On a side note and basically for my memory:
*Car pool fiasco: I ended up doing two drop offs.
The boys and then driving back to get the girls.
Got home
*burned mine and James pancakes
*the strawberry syrup exploded in the microwave
*my shin fought the dishwasher door
and the dishwasher door won
leaving a nice big scratch
and one hell of a bruise
*opened a can of soup while putting together
a crockpot dinner and sliced my pinkie finger
all of that between 8 and 12.
*Billie forgot which door i was picking her up at
so 25 minutes after school was over we finally connected
and were on our way home.

I think I'll sit on the couch the rest of the day and read a book.
;-)


2 comments:

Rochelle said...

DANG!!! what a rough morning! I definitely have those OFTEN!!! Here's to resting up! :)

Jillian said...

Love the curls and the peaches, bread and chicken noodle soup are gorgeous...so glad you added some of the rough things of the day or else I would have crawled in a hole and given up for the day.