Thursday, May 24, 2007

How fast life speeds by!

As I was sitting on the couch folding laundry yesterday, James brought me some books to read to him. I set my laundry aside for a minute and he snuggled into my lap and we read a couple of books. I realized yesterday, that these are the last few days I have at home with my baby alone before our lives change again. The other kids will be home for the summer and then they all go off to school together next year. Was it really 5 years ago that my baby was born in the midst of moving across the country, changing jobs again and entering an already busy family? I can't believe it. I am very excited about this new phase in life and I am also very sad. I will miss our days alone of running errands in the car together, his non-stop chatter about the important things in our life and his random kisses in the middle of the day just because "I love you,Mom." He is just so darn funny and irresistable. He was ready for lunch yesterday and he does very well making a Peanut Butter with Cinnamon sugar sandwich. He asked if he could make lunch and carefully got everything out. He asked me if he could make me a sandwich. Sure James! The sandwich was "Delicious" He lovingly made me a Peanut Butter, cinnamon sugar, turkey and cheese sandwich. It really was an random combination that he thought would be great. He told me after that next time he is going to try adding grape jelly to the mix. It might be better he said. Off to enjoy my last few hours with my baby alone! :-)

1 comment:

smdc said...

Another gourmet in the family? Say it ain't so!