Friday, September 19, 2008

Reflection

As Billie sat eating breakfast this morning I had a moment of reflection. I could see her cute little baby face inside her beautiful radiant big girl face.
If that makes sense...


Then she looked up at me, saw me staring and with not much effort blurted out, "Whhhaaat?" Just like a sassy 8 year old.

"I remember when you were a baby sitting on the floor and I sat with you, looking at you all bald and chubby, wondering what you would look like when you were a little girl and I especially wondered what your voice would sound like. I don't have to wonder anymore."

To which I was met with a little krinkle at the corner of her eye and a tiny blushing of her cheeks. "Oh" was all the little sassy 8 year old could muster.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ok so I heard a new song by Darius Rucker (aka "Hootie" from Hootie and the Blowfish) today. I was crying hearing that song and now I click on your blog and see this new post and it totally reminded me of that song and now I am crying AGAIN!

We miss you guys bunches. Hope all is well. We must get together sometime.

Rochelle said...

Cute Post! I totally love that sassy little girl of yours. She's so imaginative.

attack of The Mouse said...

What a cute little baby, little girl, and sassy little 8 year she is. She looks a lot like I remember you looking like. Adorable. Understandably a proud mom you are.