Friday, August 29, 2008

"Clearly Clobbered"

Bill had dental work to get done today so I took the day off to be a designated driver. This is what I would have shown up to. (This is the news media, but no official report from work yet.) This is the job site that I work at in case you didn't know.
We thankfully only got the tail end of the storm with some rain. I don't think our roof could have withstood 70+ mile an hour winds. It was damaged in a monsoon storm about 3 weeks ago and we are waiting on the insurance to get it repaired. That storm knock down lots of power poles and left some of our neighbors with out power for more than 2 days. I will take the 10' of roof tiles it lifted up during the storm to no power. (Well, we lost our power too, but it came on after a couple of hours.)


3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, your worksite really was walloped!

I love the way she said, "Clearly Clobbered"...

zippy said...

I had no idea where you were working--hope everyone is okay. Yikes--what a scary mess! That storm was crazy!

Rochelle said...

Insane!!!!! I thought my house was gonna come apart (since they built them so sturdy here in AZ) but I heard that other parts of the valley were hit lots harder. I LOVE monsoon season! Except for right now I'm hoping this storm passes quick cuz I was gonna have family pictures done at Pebble creek.