Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to School


The kids started at a brand new charter school this year. WE LOVE IT! (Oh sorry, did I shout that?) So far, so much better than our local neighborhood school. I do have to drive them there. but it is on my way to work, so we get more time together in the car, I can drop them off early enough that I can pick them up at the end of the school day. And if we don't have errands to run, we are home by 3:30. That makes it worth it. The kids are loving school. They love their teachers, I LOVE their teachers, the administration is great, the before school care teachers are wondeerful and all of that makes me love the whole situation. They are quite sleepy in their terrible first day of school pictures. It was taken before the sun was even out, we were in a bit of a hurry and thank goodness for red-eye editing! :-)

Oh and just as a P.S. If any of my local fellow bloggers want information on this great school email me privately and I can give you more information. They are still a growing school inviting others to join. They serve Pre-K-5 this year.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

I finished the Twilight series and was totally disappointed in the author. BYU grad my rear end. She totally talks about their honeymoon in too much detail in the last book. Hello..LDS teens read your books lady. Anyway. I'm glad you found a better school for the kids...makes all the difference. I'm glad we are carpooling this year because Robey is so far away. So, how far away is the charter?

zippy said...

Glad to hear you LOVE their new school. I heard the charter that is hopefully going to open here in town next year is affiliated with the school you're kids are at...is that true? We hope to get M into the charter school out this way...hopefully it will all work out next year.