Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring has sprung

Now that the temperatures have reached the mid 80's I thought I would post some pictures of my newly potted plants.  Here is my disclaimer:  I am not so good at gardening.  I have tried for 3 years now to grow tomatoes and I haven't had any luck.  I am going to give it one more go.  This time I did a little research on line and found that if you plant Marigold, Thyme and Sage it helps them grow.  These flowers are pretty new.  I am hoping they will still look pretty and bright when Bill's folks come to visit in May.  

So far so good.  I have two little tomatoes growing. Yeah Me!  

My little cluster of plants.  Two tomatoes and a marigold. 
Doesn't this just say Welcome.  I found the pot on clearance last year and I just love it!  
Snap Dragons and Marigolds.  Supposed to be desert hardy. Lets see if they are Lexi hardy! (the big tall plant is a bouganvilla...In the summer it has bright pink flowers.  When they drop it is a mess, but I love the bright colors and so far I haven't killed it yet!)

6 comments:

Felicia said...

Oh, I'm SO jealous! We have hard frost until June 15th. I can't even think about planting any flowers 'til then. My peas can be planted around Memorial Day--two whole months from now!

Julie said...

I think this is your year Lexi!

Stephanie said...

You've got 2 tomatoes growing? That sounds really promising! Good luck to you! I have a total black thumb when it comes to gardening type things. I kill everything no matter how hard I try. Your yard is going to look so cheerful!

Charlotte said...

I'm so jealous of your plants. We had snow today... :0( I think they look beautiful! Good luck on the tomatoes!

Jennifer Nielson said...

The green tomato makes my mouth water...I've been dreaming lately of fresh garden tomatoes. We only have 4 months to go!!!

Love your blog...I'm glad we have a way to keep in touch now! --Jen

zippy said...

Beautiful! I think you're fooling us all--you have a golden touch where anything you try flourishes! I've had an itch to plant something, though not courageous enough to try veggies yet...maybe next year! Potted flowers though, I can do that! Oh, and I do LOVE the cute little pot by the front door--what a deal!