Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Island


Several people have asked me to post a picture of my new island. I would like to say it is finished, but there are several finishing touches that we need to make. Here she is though in her clean glory. I love it! 11 feet of counter space is a bakers dream. I found some really cute cherry print fabric at Joanns on clearance and so I made the little curtain towards the end. The curtain hides my kitchen aid pop out shelf. It is an appliance lift made by rev-a-shelf. The shelf is big enough for my blender to be on it also. We had an outlet added so it can be plugged in at all times. Perfect. I have so much more drawer space than before. And all of my food and appliances are in the kitchen instead of some being out in the gargage. Thanks Babe! You are an amazing handy man!

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

Love it! It looks great!

The Riggs said...

It is so beautiful!! I am so jealous, with only my 2 counter tops.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

WOW. i love it! it is awesome!

Amber said...

Very CUTE! I love the little curtain you decided to make! GOOD JOB my SUPER creative friend!

JustJessi said...

Your island looks spacious and beautiful. I bet the appliance lift is a nice add-on!

Being that I bought my John Boos Butcher Block from the same retailer that you bought your Rev-a-shelf appliance lift from and the fact that we have a boxer (Leeroy) in our family, as well... I feel the uncanny urgency to congratulate you on a job well done!

Sommer said...

beautiful, just beautiful!

Lexi said...

Thanks for all the feedback. We are lovin it.