Friday, July 13, 2007

From Wooden Stamps to Acrylic

I LOVE my rubber stamps, but I hate how much bulk they are. I hate digging them all out when I am scrapbooking to see what I have. After doing some internet research and talking to my friend Rayanne I have figured out a system which I think will be great! I converted all my rubber stamps to an acrylic system. Below you will see how much "bulk" was in the old system and then the new system. Here is what I did.

#1. I peeled all the old labels off the wooden blocks and relayed them onto a white sheet of paper. (If you don't want to do this step, you can just stamp your image onto the white paper. Once you have the white sheet full of images, place them into glossy sheet protectors.

#2. Peel the rubber part only off of the wooden block. (This was easier on some of the stamps than others)

#3 Apply a thin layer of Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over and let it dry until it is clear. Then you have a tacky surface that will adhere to your acrylic block. You can also use a repositionable adhesive for this step.

#4. Lay the new rubber only stamp over the image on top of the sheet protectoer.

#5. Figure out how to recycle 16 pounds of wooden blocks! (that is how much weight I got rid of by converting.)

All the cases that my stamps were in.

All the same stamps put onto sheet protectoers in a couple of thin 2 ring binders.


An alphbet set that I can use! (I will be able to line up the words before I even get to stamping)

No comments: