Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween-ish house

Last year, at Halloween, we were still surrounded in box after box.
(Wow!  Does time fly.  I can't believe we have been Coloradans for 1 year now.)
This year I determined to be decorated by the middle of October. 
(It helped I was hosting the neighborhood Halloween Bunco party on the 15th)
 I love my fireplace....
It is really hard to decorate though 
because it is massive
because it is a 2 story room, it goes all the way up!
 One of my obsessions this season is 3D letters. 
 I made these fall letters
out of old shoe boxes and cereal boxes.
(Now I want a whole 3D alphabet wall, watch for XYZ to come first.)
 These are my take on a Pinterest find.  
It took 1/8 of a yard of stripe fabric, and some black scrap fabric.
I sewed little magnets into the the top 
so we can rip em down when we need/want the fireplace on.

And the pumpkins in the tub...
in 2009 I had a great idea to have the kids write what they were thankful for.
We then embroidered them into the stripes. (Grant and Billie did their own sewing
and I helped James do his.)
I wanted a little keepsake of their handwriting and their thankfulness.
(This will probably be the last time with THIS particular tradition. It was time consuming)

 I used up the leftover strips from the thankful pumpkins to make a runner for my end tables.
I love stripes.
 18 foot ghosts...
 Ginormo Jack o lantern...
one of my favorite decorations EVER...
Even though Bill hates storing and moving it. 
 Replaced all the picture frames with Halloween pictures past. 
I am embarrassed that I have
NOT ONE
Picture of halloween last year.  Grrrr. 
I know this is the bathroom, but this is one of my favorite views.  
Or maybe because I have a Apple Cider Warmer in here, so it always smells like fall. 

No comments: