Sunday, October 9, 2011

First Snow of the Season

We woke up to rain yesterday
which quickly turned into
SNOW! 


 I am sure we were the 
ONLY 
excited family on the block.


The boys took a quick trip up to
Cheyenne to watch uncle Mikey
coach a football game.
It snowed the whole way to Wyoming
and continued the whole day.
There was only a slight delay in the game 
for the Thunder and Lightening 
to pass. 
Who knew it could snow AND thunder and lightening. 


Billie and I held down the fort here.
We heated up the house by making a batch of
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
and a big crock pot of chili.

Today:
The snow is gone and the sun is shining.  

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

mmm Oatmeal chocolate chip! Snow is pretty..just miserably cold. Glad you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to admit, I do miss snow now. Not the FREEZING cold temps or several inches of snow...but, yes, I do miss snow and look forward to the next time I see some.....which could be quite a while now that we're in San Antonio, TX. The cookies and chili sound DELICIOUS!!!! =D

Anita said...

Welcome to Denver! I miss you guys. Wish we had a trip planned your way, but unfortunately, not in my near future :(