Sunday, July 26, 2009

Little Family Getaway

We decided to vacation close to home this year. With San Diego and So Cal so close...
I mean I used to drive 2 1/2 hours to go to target,
4 1/2 hours is nothing.
Plus we had some racked up Disney points that needed to get used up.
Disney was running an awesome promotion so we were able to get away,
for SUPER cheap.
Everyone here needed a vacation!
(Even the dogs, who get to reside at the doggie hotel and run wild.)

Here are the highlights:
We started the trip heading south west to go to San Diego.
We had never been there before.
The picture above is of all the sand dunes along the road.
It was really cool to see them. I wouldn't want to be driving here in a wind storm though. We also encountered several border patrol check points.
Another new experience.
Being so close to the border that you can see the wall is something else. I guess in my mind I pictured scores of people running wild across the desert.
We didn't see anything like that and I guess our vehicle didn't pose a threat.
We got waved through each time with out having to stop. The view of Mission Bay from the Sea Lion Show.
The weather was perfect and the view was amazing!
The walrus was invited to take part in the sea lion show. When it was done, he climbed out of the water and over the glass partition. He decided that he wanted to check out the rest of Sea World. They made everyone exit out the back of the show until they could get him to go back in. It was pretty funny to watch. That old Walrus wasn't going to go inside for anything. Even at Sea World the animals have a mind of their own.

I would have taken a picture of the Shamu Show, but the kids opted to sit on the second row, so my camera was tucked away safe in the plastic waterproof bag. It was pretty good from what I remember. We got soaked, I got salt water in my eyes and I couldn't see anymore and James had to go pee. So he and I ditched out early to find a bathroom.
I think I can say "a good time was had, by most."




We all got sun burnt! (Despite screening up at lunch time!)

And we stopped by a "Drive Inn, Diner and Dive" Diner. We looked one up before our trip so we could check it out! The food was awesome! The service was perfect! And it was lovely stop before heading up to Anaheim!

No comments: