Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy 14th


It was a hot afternoon at the end of July
I donned my best dress and you put on that bow tie
*****************
We said our vows, we said I do

Our life began just me and you
*****************
And here we stand just fourteen short years
With a new commitment to face all fears
******************
Together we say we can move many mountains

We can conquer the ocean and the desert too
******************
I love you now more than I loved you then

I can't wait to see what's around the next bend
*******************
So I raise my glass to all you do!
Happy Anniversary Baby, I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Anita said...

I remember that day well... it was HOT! Congratulations you two. Before you know it, you'll be looking at 29 years, like us!

Julie said...

Happy 14th to you both! You are such a talented poetess.