Sunday, February 22, 2009

Spring is time for change

This is Billie:

And Billie's Hair!

It doesn't ever look this way much past 5 minutes after I comb it.
It is so long and thick that it just tangles and knots and she looks like a girl who doesn't have a mommy who cares.
But care I do.

We would
braid,

comb,

hairspray,
straighten
,
condition
,
de-tangle
,
all in the name of her long long hair.
Daddy loves it!
Billie loves it!
And Mommy had a love/hate relationship with it.
This weekend it was time for a change.

So off to my fabulous hair gal Felicia.
*Here are Billie's fabulous boots she had to wear to get her hair cut!*

And CUT we did.

We will donate her length to Locks of Love.
We talked about what Locks of Love does and
Billie is super excited to help other little girls who aren't as lucky as she is.

Still loving her hair. Even after Daddy threw a man sized fit about her hair
(all in good fun though)

Billie tried to pretend she didn't like her new hair to save her daddies feelings,
but when I woke up this morning and she had already done this:

I knew her cut was a keeper.
She said it was so easy to do all by herself.
^sniff sniff^
My little girl is growing up way to fast.
But I wouldn't trade her for the world!

10 comments:

Rochelle said...

I think it is sooo cute! Congrats on talking her into it. I want to cut Alyssa's so bad...Justin is the same as Bill and doesn't want me to. We have a ways till locks of love though. So, I'm holding out.

Stephanie said...

Wow! She is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great cut!

V and Co. said...

hi lexi! well i'm glad you came out of stalker ville and finally commented! i love felicia.(i mention her on my blog as "the fabulous friend who just so happens to be a professional quilter") she is hilarious and keeps me laughing ALL the time! i hope that you finally came out you will continue to comment! btw i LOVE your daughter's new hair cut!

Amber said...

I LOVE her hair! So I take it you got a hold of Felicia..I need to take the girls to her ASAP. She is definatley your child sporting the pony tails. LOL!
What a great thing to teach her about too!

Kim said...

OMG her hair is SOOOOOO cute!! I LOVE it.

Anita said...

I love, love, love the haircut. The only downside...it makes her look older! SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!

Britt said...

awww.. all grown up and doing her own hair!! oh man.. it's only a matter of time.

Andrea said...

Okay, can I just say...WOW! I LOVE her new cut! She is such a beautiful little girl and that cut is gorgeous on her!

Violadiva said...

Great choice! Cute doo, easy to fix, lucky child who gets that pretty blonde bundle!

Amy said...

Dang cute Billie! Hey Lexi!