Friday, November 4, 2011

November Nuggets

November 1st:
The morning came all to early after our Halloween Candy Hangover
but we trudged along, 
glad when the day came to a close.

November 2nd:
A winter storm crept down from Wyoming
blanketing us with a good amount of snow.
The kids had a snow day, 
(the roads were terrible at going to school time.) 
The satellite was not cooperating with their morning cartoons.
So Billie put her boots on over her jammies 
and borrowed daddys jacket to clean it off. 
We ended up with 8 or so inches by the afternoon.  

 November 3rd:
Grant whipped out a batch of brownies for me.
From scratch, I might add.
I tossed him a bag of Mini reece's pieces
and he incorporated them nicely. 
 (yes he is getting tall
we haven't measured him lately
but 
he is definitely taller than me
and not much shorter than Bill these days.)
 November 4th:
James' last day of school until after the Thanksgiving holiday.
I took in Lofthouse Sugar Cookies
and Juice Boxes to share.
While the kids were singing happy birthday to him
he kept pointing to himself.  
I then promptly checked him out of school
because he hasn't been feeling well, had a sore throat 
and I could feel his temperature creeping up.
On the ride home he asked me if he was going through puberty 
"because my voice sure has been changing a lot!" 
We must have a teenager in the house.  

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Can Grant come visit me and make me brownies? He is getting sooo tall! Glad you're still enjoying snow!

Anita said...

That James!!!! He's a character!