Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hippity Hoppity Easter

This year instead of dying eggs,
we made white chocolate covered oreos instead.
Grant took his turn, painting the design
(shirtless, because that's what boys do, or so I keep hearing.)
James, and his cookies...
(James NEVER has his shirt on,
first thing off when he gets home from school every single day)
Billie girl helped me to the end.
She did swirly designs and mixed the two colors.
We were fresh from baths, hence the messy hair!

I would say the cookie substitute worked,
because the big E.B. found our house.
Billie couldn't understand why he dumped all the eggs on the floor...
That silly E.B.
We had a little brunch hunt with several of our neighbors.
Grant and Billie hid the eggs for the younger kids.
It was a chilly day but we just love our neighborhood and our neighbors!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cookies sound like a DELICIOUS alternative to the egg dying tradition!! =D GREAT IDEA!

Rochelle said...

YUMMM! Those cookies look soo good! Why don't boys ever wear clothes? My two are the same way...I think AZ ruined them. :)

Charlotte said...

I can't find your email address and didn't know how else to get ahold of you, so I'm sorry this is really, really random.

Is there any chance you're traveling to Gilette next weekend (June 8ish)? My sis-in-law needs a ride from Boulder to Rapid City, and you're the only person I could think of would have a possible reason for traveling in that general direction. I know it's a long shot, but if by some miracle you are going, let me know! cgardunia at hotmail. Thanks!