Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Good The Billie and the Ugly

This was Billie as I sent her off to school the first day of school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last weekend the kids went over to play with our cute little neighbor boys
(who are 3 and 5 and LOVE big kids).
They were playing in the back yard
while their parents were doing some yard work.
My darling Billie found a pair of safety scissors
and
played a little hair "art" on herself.

before

Of course I didn't notice right away because they came home
and jumped in the pool
and we headed to Red Lobster with wet hair!
~~~~~~~~~
As her hair dried it became abundantly clear that her bangs were not the same.
She did a number my little 9 year old!

Really at 9 I have to worry about safety scissors...nice!


after

And this is her "after" shot.
She was mortified that I wanted to document this.
It might come in handy some day for her.
This is after I have "fixed" it kind of.
There really is no "fix" for cut hair.
Thank Goodness she inherited my fast growing hair.
~~~~~
On the bright side,
her Teen Vogue says that ultra short bangs are in. Sweet!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Well, on the bright side, she is still as cute as can be....short bangs and all! At least it will grow back :) You're right, I think that picture will come in handy one day!

Britt said...

still cute.. indeed. Brynn just did this in January.. I'm sure everyone remembers... it'll grow before you know it.