Sunday, September 23, 2007

Is Fall in the air?

Here are a couple of pictures from this last week.



I LOVE LOVE fall! It is my favorite time of year. It is peach time, time to start holiday decorating, the evenings are starting to cool down here, we had a couple of days this week below 100 degrees. I spent the week eating and canning fresh peaches, mostly just eating but I did some canning. I only had two broken jars...one I noticed was chipped when I pulled it out of the wash water, and the other broke while processing. This year I made note to not process any cans upside down (2 years ago, I processed my last batch upside down...not sure why I would ever put the jars in upside down.) The kids worked on a Halloween Craft this week. Making sucker ghosts while I washed sticky peach jars. Happy Fall!

2 comments:

smdc said...

your peaches look beautiful! I'll bet they tasted great, as well!

Julie said...

Isn't fall great! I just love the cooling temps and the PEACHES! Time for a couple more boxes...;)